FREE. FREE. FREE. Did you know Goodwill offers FREE education and career services? Whether you are looking to learn marketable job skills to connect with in-demand jobs or to earn a high school diploma to strengthen your resume and increase your earnings potential, Goodwill is the place to do it.
On October 4th, Goodwill will open a new and enhanced Career Opportunity Center in West Philadelphia. It is located at 4950 Parkside Avenue between 49th & 50th Streets within Parkside Lofts. The goal of the Center is to provide local residents with career building services aimed at increasing independence and self-sufficiency.
While most people know Goodwill as the place to shop or to donate, we are much more. When you shop at Goodwill, it fuels a very important mission. Revenues fund education, job training programs and career services that help people with barriers get to work.
Goodwill’s Career Opportunity Center offers an assortment of free services including:
- Helms Academy/Adult Education Program- earn a high school diploma while simultaneously earning college credits.
- Unido-US LatinX in Finance Training Program to work in banking and financial services.
- CDL-B Bus Driver Training Program
- Career Readiness/Employment Placement Services
- Digital Skills Training-Microsoft Office.
- Digital Accelerator for free Internet access.
- And other programs to help individuals expand their employment horizons.
Goodwill’s Career Opportunity Center in West Philadelphia is open Monday – Friday from 9 am – 5 pm. For more information, please stop in or call 215.883.7492. Or, to find another Goodwill Opportunity Center near you, please visit Training Overview – Goodwill Industries of New Jersey and Philadelphia (goodwillnj.org).