RecycleFrom clothing and accessories to computers, tvs, housewares, books and car, we recycle the items you no longer need or want.
ReuseWe sell your gently-used items to value conscious shoppers in our retail stores
ReduceThrough our career services, we help individuals with special needs get to work. Together, we are strengthening families and communities one job at a time.
Goodwill is all about putting people to work. We’ve witnessed its power in transforming lives. Work helps build self-confidence, independence and dignity. At Goodwill, we believe everyone deserves a chance to have these things in life. As the late John F. Kennedy once said, “All of us do not have equal talents, but all of us should have an equal opportunity to develop our talents.” Goodwill is pleased to be able to provide this chance.
Since 1948, Goodwill has empowered thousands of local residents with special needs with the marketable job skills needed to succeed in the workplace. One job at a time, we are making a difference-strengthening both families and communities through the power of work.
- Goodwill Industries of Southern New Jersey and Philadelphia is a nonprofit, community-based organization. It is governed by a volunteer Board of Trustees.
- Its mission is to put people with special needs to work.
- Revenue from the mass collection and resale of donated items in Goodwill’s area retail stores fund employment training programs.
Code of Ethics
Goodwill of Southern NJ & Philadelphia serves 11 counties in New Jersey (Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester, Hunterdon, Mercer, Monmouth, Ocean, Salem) and the City of Philadelphia.
Goodwill Industries® of Southern NJ and Philadelphia
2835 Route 73
Maple Shade, NJ 08052
- Mark Boyd, President & CEO
- Michael Shaw, Chief Operating Officer
- Stephen Castro, Chief Financial Officer
- Bob Hain, Vice President of Donated Goods
- Wes Hughes, Director of Industrial & Commercial Services, 856/665-7270
- Rick Lindsay, Vice President of Administration
- Juli Lundberg, Director of Corporate Communications.
- Jen Mauro, Vice President of Employment & Training
- Tim Reeser, Human Resources Manager
- Lynn Tighe, Vice President of Goodwill Home Medical Equipment, 609/396-1513
- Jeremiah Taylor, Vice President of Distribution, 856/931-1456
Board of Trustees
Goodwill Industries of Southern NJ & Philadelphia is governed by a volunteer Board of Trustees.
To Request A Donation
While Goodwill is a nonprofit, 501 (c)(3) organization, we do our best to give back to the communities that have been good to us. Through Goodwill GIVES, local charitable organizations and social service agencies may apply for material good donations from Goodwill. We do not accept requests for furniture and cannot honor requests from individuals. You must be “sponsored” by a social service agency of some sort. To request a material goods donation or gift certificate:
- Fax (856-439-0843) or email (email@example.com) a letter on organizational letterhead (ie. Red Cross, social service agency, school, etc) stating what type of donation you are looking for and why. Please be sure to include your organizational mission statement and a phone number where you can be reached.
All requests are carefully reviewed and we will contact you if we are able to honor your request. Please understand that Goodwill receives a huge volume of requests and as a nonprofit agency cannot honor all of them. Our retail store revenues fund our mission of helping individuals with disabilities get to work.
Q & A
Think Before You Donate…And We Think You Will Donate to Goodwill
Every so often an email or social media messaging titled, “Think Before You Donate” circulates. This messaging, which has been around for many years, contains false information about several charities—including Goodwill. We know that you want your donations to be used wisely, so we would like to clarify and provide you with the correct information.
The email/messaging falsely claims a person named Mark Curran is the president and owner of Goodwill and that he profits $2.3 million a year from your donations. This is NOT the case. Goodwill is a worldwide network of 180 autonomous organizations. Each is governed by a local volunteer Board of Trustees. Goodwill Industries International is the network’s association office that supports the local Goodwills. It is headed by Jim Gibbons, who has been CEO since 2008. There is not an “owner” of Goodwill. Furthermore no one by the name Mark Curran has ever headed a Goodwill organization! Locally, Mark B. Boyd has served as president and CEO of Goodwill Industries of Southern NJ & Philadelphia since 2005.
- Goodwill Industries of Southern NJ & Philadelphia is a community-based, nonprofit 501 (c)(3) organization. A volunteer Board of Trustees consisting of individuals from throughout the communities we serve governs us–providing strategic planning, ensuring sound financial management and making sure that we fulfill our charitable mission.
- When you donate to Goodwill, 100% of your donation supports us. We sell your donations in our thrift stores and use the revenue to fund job training programs that help individuals with disabilities and disadvantages to get to work. If a charity does not operate its own thrift stores than they are not getting 100% of your donation.
- More than 87 cents of every dollar generated by Goodwill supports its life changing mission programs. Nationally, CharityWatch, an independent organization that evaluates philanthropic organizations, gives Goodwill an ‘A’ rating—one of the highest in the country for nonprofit organizations. GuideStar has also given us their seal of approval. Typically, these independent organizations expect a charity to devote at least 60% of its revenues to mission programming.
The bottom line is that because Goodwill is widely known and respected in the nonprofit world, we sometimes stand in the line of fire from individuals and organizations that are misinformed and/or misrepresent us to the public. Goodwill encourages everyone to “think before you donate” – the one legitimate message that this otherwise spurious email contains. Please always take the time to research and learn more about the charities you support and be certain that they organization you choose uses its revenue for charitable purposes in support of a mission that you believe in. You can be rest assured that when you donate to Goodwill, we will put your donations to good use by helping individuals find meaningful employment and building stronger families and communities one job at a time.