Whether you donate undersized clothing or underused household items, a car, a computer or you make a financial donation to Goodwill®, you can take immense satisfaction in knowing you are helping local residents with disabilities and disadvantages discover the pride of independence that accompanies the power of work! Your donations fund education, job training and employment services that prepare individuals with special needs for competitive community employment.
What To Donate/What Not To Donate
Goodwill welcomes donations of clothing, accessories, toys, books, household goods, kitchenware, furniture, and much more. Your unwanted items are another person’s newfound treasure and are also a wonderful way to recycle and create a more sustainable Earth. But for safety and storage reasons there are some items we cannot accept including:
- Large appliances (refrigerators, stoves, washers, etc.)
- Air conditioners
- Non-working small appliances
- Bowling balls
- Infant/Toddler Walkers
- Clothing that is badly soiled, stained, wet or damp
- Cosmetics or skin care products
- Doors, kitchen cabinets, sinks, or other construction material
- Weapons (knives, swords, martial arts weapons, etc)
- Gas grills
- Fireworks or Firearms
- Kerosene or Electric Heaters
- Lawnmowers /Weedwackers
- Lumber, scrap metal or iron
- Mattresses/Waterbeds/Box springs
- Paint and other toxic substances
- Propane tanks
- Recalled baby items such as but not limited to high chairs, toddler beds, walkers, playpens, and car seats
- Sofa beds
- Tires and tire rims/wheels
- Toliets or plumbing fixtures
- Furniture unfit for resale (ripped, stained, broken, etc)
Goodwill accepts donations of cars, boats, RVs and other vehicles in both running and non-working condition. For more information on how to donate your car, please click here or call the toll-free hotline at 866-492-2770. A receipt for tax purposes will be issued once the vehicle is donated.
- Operators are standing by 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
- All donors wishing to donate their vehicle to Goodwill can call the hotline for details.
- The vehicle will be picked up for free within 24-72 hours.
- All vehicles in all conditions are accepted. They can be running or non-running.
- Goodwill accept Cars, Trucks, SUVs, Vans, RVs, Boats, Motorcycles, Pop-Up Campers & More!
- Vehicle donations are tax deductible.
- The necessary paperwork for tax purposes will be mailed to you.
- Any questions? Call the Vehicle Donation hotline at 866-492-2770.
FREE E-Waste Recycling
Did you know that electronic waste is the world’s fastest growing waste problem? More than 220 million tons of computers and other e-waste end up in landfills each year. Goodwill provides an easy way for residents to recycle electronic items like computers, printers, cell phones and more so they don’t end up in local landfills and become hazardous to the environment. Through a partnership with Vintage Tech Recyclers, Goodwill responsibly recycles millions of pounds of e-waste each year including:
- Computers / Laptops / Servers / Monitors
- Fax Machines
- DVD Players
- Video Game Consoles
- Cell Phones
- Peripheral (keyboards / mouse)
- MP3 / iPods
- and much more!
Donations of electronics are accepted at all Goodwill Donation Centers.
Goodwill assumes no liability for personal or confidential information left on computers. It is recommended you erase all data before recycling. Customers are responsible for removing data from their hard drives.
Medical Supplies & Equipment
Goodwill Home Medical Equipment collects, refurbishes and gives local residents access to affordable medical supplies and equipment. All Goodwill donation centers now accept unopened medical supplies and equipment. Items are then sold at Goodwill Home Medical Equipment’s Warehouse located at 300 Benigno Blvd. in Bellmawr, NJ and in select Goodwill retail stores.
Medical Supplies & Equipment Accepted:
- Bath chairs & benches (all types)
- Bed rails (all types: short and long)
- Canes (all types)
- Commodes (all types)
- Crutches (all types)
- Lift chair with recline function (upholstery cannot be soiled)
- Geri Chair with recline function, foot rest & tray table
- Hip Chair
- Straight Chair with two arms (not on wheels)
- Children’s walkers, standers, high chairs, wheelchairs, tricycles, etc.
- Cushions, Wedges, Rolls, Positioning Pillows
- Seat & Back
- Eating, Dressing, Bathing Aides:
- Long handled Shoe Horn / Sock Aid / Button Hook / Zipper Pull
- Exercise Equipment – only small or lightweight items accepted
- Hand & Ankle Weights
- Pedal Exerciser
- Exercise Balls, Bands & Door Pulley
- Mats & Small Exercise Tables
- Grab Bars, Tub Clamps & Safety Rails (bath)
- Hospital Beds
- Patient Lifts (AKA: hoyer lift with mesh or canvas sling)
- Portable Ramps
- Shower Chairs & Benches (bath)
- Transfer Benches (bath)
- Transfer Board or Sliding Board (all types)
- Trapeze Bars (freestanding & attach to bed)
- Traveler Chair or Companion Wheelchair (small & lightweight)
- Tray Tables (rolling table that goes over bed for meals)
- Walkers (all types, with & without wheels)
- Walker Baskets & Pouches
- Wheelchairs, manual & motorized (all types)
- Scooters, motorized (all types)
- Vehicle Lifts (for wheelchair or scooter)
Medical Supplies NOT To Donate
- Prescription medications
- Over-the-Counter Medications or Vitamins
- Oxygen, Helium, Propane Tanks
- Oxygen Concentrators or CPAP Machines
- Craftmatic or Tempurpedic Beds (no quilted mattresses)
- Stair Glides or Stair Chairs
Missing a Donation Receipt?
You can track your giving to Goodwill 24/7 using our state-of-the-art I-Donate technology. Lost a receipt, no problem! Please click here to find or reprint a donation receipt. Note: To access your giving history, you must have inputted your donation into Goodwill’s kiosk at the time you donated.
For more information please visit Goodwill’s Donation Guide. http://bit.ly/gwdonationguide.