Whether you donate undersized clothing or underused household items, a car, a computer or you make a financial donation to Goodwill®, you can take immense satisfaction in knowing you are helping local residents with disabilities and disadvantages discover the pride of independence that accompanies the power of work! Your donations fund education, job training and employment services that prepare individuals with special needs for competitive community employment.
To find the donation center nearest you, please click here.
What To Donate
Clothing & Items From The House
Goodwill welcomes donations of clothing, accessories, toys, books, household goods, kitchenware, furniture, and much more.
Goodwill accepts donations of cars, boats, RVs and other vehicles in both running and non-working condition. For more information on how to donate your car, please click here or call the toll-free hotline at 866-492-2770. A receipt for tax purposes will be issued once the vehicle is donated.
- Operators are standing by 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
- All donors wishing to donate their vehicle to Goodwill can call the hotline for details.
- The vehicle will be picked up for free within 24-72 hours.
- All vehicles in all conditions are accepted. They can be running or non-running.
- Goodwill accept Cars, Trucks, SUVs, Vans, RVs, Boats, Motorcycles, Pop-Up Campers & More!
- Vehicle donations are tax deductible.
- The necessary paperwork for tax purposes will be mailed to you.
- Any questions? Call the Vehicle Donation hotline at 866-492-2770.
FREE E-Waste Recycling
Did you know that electronic waste is the world’s fastest growing waste problem? More than 220 million tons of computers and other e-waste end up in landfills each year. Goodwill provides an easy way for residents to recycle electronic items like computers, printers, cell phones and more so they don’t end up in local landfills and become hazardous to the environment. Through a partnership with Vintage Tech Recyclers, Goodwill responsibly recycles millions of pounds of e-waste each year including:
- Computers / Laptops / Servers / Monitors
- Fax Machines
- DVD Players
- Video Game Consoles
- Cell Phones
- Peripheral (keyboards / mouse)
- MP3 / iPods
- and much more!
Donations of electronics are accepted at all Goodwill Donation Centers. Please click here for a donation center nearest you.
Goodwill assumes no liability for personal or confidential information left on computers. It is recommended you erase all data before recycling. Customers are responsible for removing data from their hard drives.
Medical Supplies & Equipment
Goodwill Home Medical Equipment collects, refurbishes and gives local residents access to affordable medical supplies and equipment. All Goodwill donation centers now accepting medical supplies and equipment. Items are then sold at Goodwill Home Medical Equipment headquarters at 18 Arctic Parkway, in Ewing, NJ and select Goodwill retail stores.
Medical Supplies & Equipment Accepted
- Bath chairs & benches (all types)
- Bed rails (all types: short and long)
- Canes (all types)
- Commodes (all types)
- Crutches (all types)
- Lift chair with recline function (upholstery cannot be soiled)
- Geri Chair with recline function, foot rest & tray table
- Hip Chair
- Straight Chair with two arms (not on wheels)
- Children’s walkers, standers, high chairs, wheelchairs, tricycles, etc.
- Cushions, Wedges, Rolls, Positioning Pillows
- Seat & Back
- Eating, Dressing, Bathing Aides:
- Long handled Shoe Horn / Sock Aid / Button Hook / Zipper Pull
- Exercise Equipment – only small or lightweight items accepted
- Hand & Ankle Weights
- Pedal Exerciser
- Exercise Balls, Bands & Door Pulley
- Mats & Small Exercise Tables
- Grab Bars, Tub Clamps & Safety Rails (bath)
- Hospital Beds
- Patient Lifts (AKA: hoyer lift with mesh or canvas sling)
- Portable Ramps
- Shower Chairs & Benches (bath)
- Transfer Benches (bath)
- Transfer Board or Sliding Board (all types)
- Trapeze Bars (freestanding & attach to bed)
- Traveler Chair or Companion Wheelchair (small & lightweight)
- Tray Tables (rolling table that goes over bed for meals)
- Walkers (all types, with & without wheels)
- Walker Baskets & Pouches
- Wheelchairs, manual & motorized (all types)
- Scooters, motorized (all types)
- Vehicle Lifts (for wheelchair or scooter)
What (Not) To Donate
From clothing and accessories to books, toys, medical equipment, computers and cars, Goodwill accepts a plethora of different types of donations! However, for safety and storage reasons, we cannot accept:
- Air Conditioners
- Large Appliances (refrigerators, stoves, washers, etc.)
- Non-working Small Appliances
- Bowling Balls
- Child Cars Seats
- High Chairs
- Infant / Toddler Walkers
- Clothing that is badly soiled, stained, wet or damp
- Cosmetics or skin care products
- Doors, kitchen cabinets, sinks, or other construction material
- Weapons (knives, swords, martial arts weapons, etc)
- Fireworks or Firearms
- Kerosene or Electric Heaters
- Lawnmowers / Weedwackers
- Mattresses and Waterbeds
- Paint and other toxic substances
- Propane tanks
- Recalled items
- Tires and tire rims/wheels
- Furniture unfit for resale (ripped, stained, broken, etc)
Medical Supplies NOT To Donate
- Prescription medications
- Over-the-Counter Medications or Vitamins
- Oxygen, Helium, Propane Tanks
- Oxygen Concentrators or CPAP Machines
- Craftmatic or Tempurpedic Beds (no quilted mattresses)
- Stair Glides or Stair Chairs
What Is My Donation Worth?
For more information please visit Goodwill’s Donation Guide. http://bit.ly/gwdonationguide.
All of Goodwill’s donation centers are staffed by company representatives to issue donors receipts for tax purposes. It is also recommended that donors keep itemized lists of their donations. The Internal Revenue Service allows a deduction for each item, but the donor determines each item’s value. Generally, an item’s value should be based on fair market value – what the item would sell for in a thrift store. For more information on charitable deductions or determining the value of your donations, please visit www.irs.gov or www.CharityDeductions.com.